Sunday, January 10, 2016

Good evening everyone,

this week Luna and I worked on testing out the Polygon Collider2d approach which has been described in the link posted in the previous post.

However there are still some technical difficulties, so we haven't really made as much progress as I hoped we would.
Nonetheless we managed to clarify what exactly we need to do to get this approach working.
While Luna will fix the issues with setting the rules next week, I will create a raycast(see my try of jewel miner) in order to detect the collision with the tiles.

The general idea is to have a collider for each group of objects(like stones, trees, etc) and then by using a raycast that will collide with it i will know what it is and can then start the according sourcecode.

I hope to finish the interaction system soon, so you all can enjoy playing Noria even more.

Thanks for your continuous support.

Best wishes

Feliza

1 comment: