Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hello everyone,

this week i got some great news.

A friend of mine, who i will call Luna from here on decided to help me with the creation of this game.

She will focus on creating all the maps for now while i dedicate my time to the game logic and making the game work.

This here is the first map she made, which shows the forest entry:


During the time that she spent on creating some awesome maps for the game i figured out how to import the maps into unity. (Well in the video i wrote about he mentiones which program to use and how to use it.)

Since i got nothing but an example map and a camera which i can move in there yet there isnt much to show you.
However i want to show you my rough drawing of the world map. At least the worldmap of the first few month/years that you will play.
  

It might be kinda hard to understand it, especially since its just a rough sketch. In addition to that the words are german. So let me explain what this is supposed to show:

On the top you can see some omnious purple clouds that keep you from seeing whats behind the water weel. 
The river goes from the forest on the right side to the mountains on the left(or maybe other way round) and below the water weel are some paths going through wide grasslands.
At the bottom is a beach with a few cliffs and stones on the left side.

My aim for next week is to import all of Lunas maps into unity and have a character that can walk on it. The game will grow bit by bit until i release it as a singleplayer, which you can download. I will post the link to it once its playable.


Best wishes

Feliza


4 comments:

  1. I just got here from your mentioning of this blog on Shop Heroes and honestly this is pretty exciting. I have my own project I'm working on with RPG Maker VX Ace, but I'm not fully active on it.

    Unity requires dedication and a lot of learning, so you guys keep up the good work. :3

    I'll go ahead and bookmark this and if you ever need another brain on the project I'd be down for it. (No, I don't know Unity)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the offer to help.

      Help is always welcome as there are many things to be done to make this an awesome game.

      If you were to help out you would have to work on this game each week though. You dont need any previous experience but passion for this game and you have to be 100% reliable. If you are still interested leave me a way to contact you please so we can talk about the details.

      Delete
    2. Mmm, that sounds daunting, but I'm definitely still interested.

      My e-mail is horlickstephen@gmail.com.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I haven't commented on blogspot before with my google account, so I didn't think I'd need to clarify that I'm WolfHero.

      Sorry about that.

      Delete