Sunday, September 20, 2015

Hello everyone,

this week i was trying to figure out how to use my graphics in my game for many hours.
I finally managed to get it working.
I created a mesh in blender(imagine it like a form where you decide the number of corners and all this) and put my gem image on it as a texture. this way the game object(the gem) can only be hit directly and not when you hit the cube around it or something.




This is what my game looks like within my development program right now. The blue area is the sky, in the middle of it you can see the gun which will fire the hook and well there is also a little gem. In the little window of the right is the camera view. So you can see that the background of the area without a color will look like earth or sand.

My aim is something like this:
Source: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/live-training-archive/creating-a-jewel-miner-game?playlist=17219

I will have rocks and gems and a turret to shoot at them.

I hope to reach a similar state(which you all will be able to play) in the next 1-2weeks.
Once this basic version is done i will  try to improve it with additional features to improve my skill.

See ya next week.

Best wishes

Feliza



1 comment: